Lac Lawrann offers a wide range of programs for youth, families and adults. Our programs further our mission of “Connecting people with Nature.” Seasonal programs are offered year-round.
School programs have been developed to enhance the science curriculum in the schools and the standards set by the Wisconsin Environmental Education Association. Teacher input is encouraged when developing hands on outreach classes and field trips at the conservancy.
- Programs – Lac Lawrann offers a wide range of programs for all ages to experience and learn about nature. Programs for individuals are offered through the West Bend Park and Recreation Department. Programs for school groups are also available.
- Science for Everyone – Monthly adult lecture series covering all areas of science held the 3rd Tuesday of each Month.
- Nature in the Classroom – A science and literary program geared to students from Kindergarten through 3rd grade. Each month, a volunteer comes into the classroom, introduces a topic, reads a story and engages the students in discussion and activities to explore the science behind it.
- Summer Day Camp – Youth day camps, including the Junior Naturalist Program, are held at the conservancy. These classes are run though the West Bend Park and Recreation Department.
- Youth Groups – 4H clubs, church groups, scout den/troops, home school groups or other youth groups are welcome to visit the conservancy on your own and enjoy the trails or schedule a visit with a specific goal in mind.